The organisers of the 2017 Formula E HKT Hong Kong E-Prix have just announced the consumer events that will run in parallel with the double-header races over the racing weekend. Beyond cheering on the 20 drivers representing 10 teams as they speed their way around the iconic 1.86km Harbourfront circuit, fans have the option to participate in a variety of activities on-and-off the track on 2 and 3 December.
• Technology & Innovation
– Roborace: Fans at the 2017 HKT Hong Kong E-Prix will be amongst the first in Asia to see the driverless autonomous car in action, with a demonstration planned on the Central Harbourfront track.
– Audi e-tron – Audi’s answer to sustainable mobility. The formal idiom combines classic Audi elements with an array of trendsetting details: an electrifying architecture, tailored consistently to the technology which set the bar in many ways, the Hong Kong crowd will be in luck as it will be showcased for the first time in our city in December. Be inspired and experience the mobility of tomorrow.
• Nike Running: The renowned sports brand will bring the authentic synergy of Nike Running into the iconic Hong Kong E-Prix weekend with a first ever running event on the track. The initiative will further the Hong Kong E-Prix’s support of sustainable mobility as the two leading brands offer a truly unique experience for local runners. As an authentic sports brand, Nike is dedicated to helping athletes to “breakthrough”, run better and faster. What better place than the Formula E track to help Hong Kong runners push their limits. On Saturday evening of race weekend, Nike HK will bring local runners a truly unique and unforgettable running experience, reinforcing its “No Human is Limited” brand position.
• Formula E E-Race tournament: Taking place at the Gaming Zone in the E-Village on both Saturday and Sunday (2-3 December), members of the public get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete head-to-head against the professional Formula E drivers on the simulators.
• FanBoost: A unique feature of the FIA Formula E Championship where fans can vote for their favourite drivers ahead of the race with the three most popular drivers by fan vote receiving additional power to use in the race.
• E-Village: As a free-to-access facility this year, fans can look forward to a number of themed zones such as Drive, Gaming, Kid, and Taste to try their hand on a variety of fun and educational activities.
• Formula E Racing (Hong Kong) Ltd, Hong Kong Jockey Club, and Hong Kong Golf Club Tri-Partite Collaboration: For three weeks from 23 November, sports fans and event goers in Hong Kong will be spoilt for choice as three of the city’s biggest international sporting events – The UBS Hong Kong Open, HKT Hong Kong E-Prix, and Longines Hong Kong International Races – will take place over 21 days, showcasing Hong Kong’s pole position as a hub for hosting world class sportainment events.
These three Hong Kong sporting spectacles are expected to host well over 160,000 spectators, offering a season of world-class sport in the heart of Asia’s World City.
The three organizers will unite forces to promote the events to their respective fans in Hong Kong and around the world at the events and across their respective social media channels; partner to offer unique experience for members of the public; and add incentive for those hunting the triple trio of sporting excitement with ticketing discounts and giveaways on offer across all three sporting spectaculars.